Select’s editorial team works independently to review financial products and write articles that our readers will find useful. We may receive a commission when you click on product links from our affiliate partners.
Chase is urging Americans to prepare for summer or fall travel with his new offering on the co-branded IHGÂ® Rewards Club Premier credit card.
New IHG Rewards Club Premier cardholders will earn a welcome bonus worth 150,000 points when they spend $ 3,000 on purchases in the first three months after opening the account.
The news comes less than a week before another stellar travel deal with Chase expires: Until June 2, Chase is also running a high welcome offer of 100,000 miles on its New United Quest Cardâ . Crazy travelers who crave a vacation should therefore hurry if they want a credit card that saves them a lot of money on their next trips.
the IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card is already the best hotel credit card for stays at the establishments of the Intercontinental hotel group. This includes Holiday Inn, Regent Hotels and Kimpton Hotels.
You are only eligible for the bonus if you do not currently have the card and have not received a new welcome bonus for the card within the past 24 months.
Select has details on the new welcome bonus available for a limited time:
- New offer: 150,000 bonus points after spending $ 3,000 on purchases in the first three months after opening the account.
- Previous offer: Earn 125,000 bonus points plus a night’s reward after spending $ 3,000 on purchases in the first three months after opening the account.
- Verdict: The new offer rewards new cardholders with an additional 25,000 points for the same spending requirement, but the extra night reward is no longer provided with the new welcome offer.
How to redeem points: Use your IHG points to offset the cost of your next stay at over 6,000 hotels and resorts around the world. Points are worth varying amounts depending on location, but 150,000 points can be redeemed for a stay of up to five nights at the Indigo Williamsburg-Brooklyn hotel, three nights at the Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, or two nights at the most recent Downtown Austin hotels, the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card includes a number of must-see travel benefits, including:
- Platinum Elite status, which gives cardholders access to room upgrades, late check-out and other benefits
- Your fourth night reward is free when you redeem points for any stay of four nights or more
- One night award at qualifying IHG hotels worldwide after each account anniversary year, up to 40,000 points
- Global Entry / TSA PreCheck credit up to $ 100 every four years
If you can reasonably meet the bonus spending requirements and plan to stay at an IHG facility, enroll in the program IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card is a quick way to earn a ton of points that can be used towards free nights in the hotel chain. The Premier card has an annual fee of $ 89, but it is waived for the first year of card membership. Be sure to factor this cost into your decision.
Those who are not loyal to a particular chain or hotel brand may want to consider a general travel card like the Chase Sapphire PreferredÂ® or no annual fee Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card.
Up to 25X total points per dollar at IHGÂ® (earn 10X points for every $ 1 spent at IHGÂ® hotels as a cardholder, plus 10X base points as an IHGÂ® Rewards Club member and 5X points with Platinum Elite status, which offers a benefit of this card); 2X points per dollar spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants; 1X point per $ 1 spent on all other purchases
Earn 150,000 bonus points after spending $ 3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after opening the account
$ 0 the first year, then $ 89 thereafter
15.99% to 22.99% variable
Balance transfer fees
Either $ 5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
Foreign transaction fees
Editorial note: Any opinions, analysis, criticism or recommendations expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the editorial staff of Select and have not been reviewed, endorsed or otherwise approved by any third party.