Standard Chartered Bank today announced the launch of a co-branded credit card with EaseMyTrip, India’s second largest online travel technology platform. The “EaseMyTrip Standard Approved Credit Card” offers exclusive travel benefits with instant discounts and reward points to cardholders, making it the most rewarding travel credit card.
This credit card offers a fixed 20% instant discount on domestic and international hotel reservations; 10% instant discount on domestic and international flight bookings on EaseMyTrip website or mobile app. Cardholders can also earn expedited rewards points on flights, hotel bookings with stand-alone airlines, and hotel websites/apps. Earned rewards points can be redeemed on Standard Chartered Bank’s rewards catalog, across multiple brands, including EaseMyTrip.
One of the main benefits of the card is that cardholders will have access to instant flight and hotel discounts throughout the year on the EaseMyTrip website/mobile app. Additionally, cardholders will have access to one domestic lounge per calendar quarter and two international lounges per year. In addition, cardholders can also enjoy promotional offers and periodic discounts on the EaseMyTrip website/mobile app.
Elaborating on the merger, Rikant Pittie, co-founder of EaseMyTrip, said, “At EaseMyTrip, our goal is to build a travel ecosystem where customers are always the beneficiaries. In doing so, we remain focused on exploring partnerships that appeal to our customers and attract them to multi-promotional offers that allow them to experience experiential travel with us. We are pleased to partner with Standard Chartered Bank on the launch of a co-branded credit card and are confident that this card will prove to be customers’ favorite accessory.
Commenting on the partnership, Vinay Misra, Head, Credit Cards & Unsecured Lending, India, Standard Chartered Bank, said, “We are delighted to partner with EaseMyTrip and launch this co-branded credit card, which offers cardholders a bundle of exclusive privileges. With the travel and hospitality industry once again seeing growing demand, we believe this credit card comes at the right time for customers who are planning to resume their travels and also benefit from discounts.
EaseMyTrip Standard Chartered credit card features include:
* Fixed 20% instant discount on domestic and international hotel bookings* with EaseMyTrip up to INR 5,000 and INR 10,000 respectively, with no minimum booking amount
* Fixed 10% instant discount on domestic and international flight bookings* with EaseMyTrip up to INR 1,000 and INR 5,000 respectively, with no minimum booking amount
* Flat rate discount of INR 125 on domestic bus bookings* on EaseMyTrip with INR 500 as minimum booking amount
* 10 reward points for every INR 100 spent on certain merchant categories (websites/apps and standalone hotel and airline outlets) outside of EaseMyTrip
* 2 reward points for every INR 100 spent at other merchant categories in the country, where Visa cards are accepted
* 1 free access to the national fair per calendar quarter and 2 free accesses to the international fair per year